Saturday, August 16, 2014

Fall/Winter Nails

Greetings!

With the Fall season fast approaching, I thought that this would be a good time to let you guys in on what I gravitate towards when the cool weather emerges. It seems that deep, vampy reds and blue-toned plums are the epitome of Fall/Winter nails. I am no exception, because I too enjoy those dark shades in the cooler months. I figured I would come to you today with a list of the colors that I have already set aside for the upcoming season.

This is a rough list, mind you. I do keep track of quite a few indie polish makers and if they create something that I just have to have, I grab it. So, this list will probably grow as more collections start to emerge.

As such, just because the cold weather is approaching does not mean that the fun, warm colors of spring and summer have to vanish! I tend to keep at least one fun, bright color available. I also like to keep some lighter, sparkly options on hand too.

This is a treat because I have accompanied all of these pictures with swatches! I took these all outdoors in low-light so you get a true feel for these colors and what they will look like. I have also accompanied links to where you can purchase these (if available) so if you want to get in on some of these awesome colors, you can have at it!

All swatches are two coats with no topcoat.

wHet Polish in Facetious: Full-size: $15.00; available here.




Sparitual in Intuition: Full-size: ~$8.50; available here. I found this gem by chance at Marshall's for only $3.99. The website I have linked has them on sale as well, but there is only a limited supply. A google search will net you more buying options; however, they're a bit pricier.



Pretty Serious Cosmetics in Love Bite: Full-Size: $9.95; available here. This is part of their Pinup Perfection line. 



Nail Pattern Boldness in Magpie's Treasure: Full-size: $9.00; available here. I would use this as an accent to any of the dark, creme hues that I have listed here.



Salon Perfect in Midnight Stroll: Full-size: $5.00; available here.



Seche in Silly But Sensible: Full-size: $4.00; available here.



OPI in A Woman's Prague-ative: Full-size: $8.00; available here.



Lyn B Designs in Nightmare Revisited: Full-size: $10.00; this item is no longer available from her shop, which you can find here. However, if you search google, I was able to pull up a couple of individual people who were selling it. You may have some luck that way.



Essie in Mint Candy Apple: Full-size: $8.49; available here. I love this color. It is one that I fight myself to not put on every time I re-do my manicure. I haven't loved a color in so long that I vied to wear it constantly.



Sparitual in Imagination: Full-size: $12.00; available here. Once again, I found this gem at Marshall's for only $3.99. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives, like the previous. Just have to do some more digging.



Orly FX in Intergalactic Space: Full-size: $10.00; available here. I would probably use this as accent polish to Midnight Stroll since they are both darker in hue.



KBShimmer in Witch Way?: Full-size: $8.75; available here. I was in love the moment I saw swatches of this polish. It reminded me of the night sky and it has such depth to it that I know this will be a favorite.



I am also purchasing the Robin Williams tribute trio from Liquid Sky Lacquer in about 11 minutes. Once I receive those in the mail I will have a new blog post about them and what their proceeds are going towards.

As always, thank you for tuning in and I will see you next time.


Until then,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment