Remember how I said this blog was not going to be filled with the latest and greatest polishes? I fibbed a little. I have been excited about the release of this collection and I had to stop by Sally's Beauty and pick up a couple of these beauties.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Disclaimer: This polish was bought by me with my own money. This polish was not sent to me to review. This review is my honest and personal opinion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let us begin. The polish that I have for you guys today is the polish aptly named Love.Angel.Music.Baby. This is one of the new polishes from the collaboration between OPI and Gwen Stefani.
This is a beautiful gold polish with gold shimmer that dries to a satin finish. No top coat required! How lovely; I always love a polish that takes away one step of the manicuring process!
I apologize for the lighting. I tend to do all of my manicures in the evening after little man is in bed. I opt to not wait until morning to take pictures because who knows what will happen between bed and morning. I have woken up with chipping manicures before!
I used two coats in this manicure. Here is the color with flash.
Okay, this is me breaking the rules. It says no top-coat, right? So naturally, I add a top-coat. However, I only added the top coat to the ring finger. I kicked myself before taking this picture because I said to myself, "Okay Rebecca, all done taking pictures. Let's go ahead and oil up these bad boys and put the camera away!" Sike. I remembered too late that I wanted to add top-coat to one nail just to see how it would look. So, here is a picture with flash, oil and a topcoat. Naturally, you cannot really tell the difference; but, I thought it was worth the effort anyways.
Here is my attempt at a macro shot so you can try to see the texture in the satin finished nail. You can definitely see the difference between the two. The top-coat really adds depth to the color. I really like it!
I don't know if anyone else experiences this, so let me know if I am crazy. When I paint my nails with special effects polish, like this satin finish, I feel like I can never finish painting my nail before the polish starts to set, drag, and thicken on me. Maybe that's just me and I paint nails like a snail. However, I did have the problem of dragging and streaking when trying to get the entire nail painted. I think its because I over think it and in my desperate attempt to not make any mistakes it dries on me. However, once I did a second coat everything evened out and it set beautifully.
Be careful! Just because it turns satin does not mean it is dry! I was still able to put nicks in my nails long after the satin effect formed. It is just like any other polish; it needs time to dry!
I am in absolute love with the this polish. I am not normally a gold girl but this one has a lot of potential. I think this would look lovely in a french manicure. Have a nice glossy bed and a satin gold tip. Or, go crazy with a reversed mani and have a satin half moon with a glossy tip! The possibilities are endless!
Products used in this manicure
- L'oreal Paris: One stop base
- OPI: Love.Angel.Music.Baby
- Glisten & Glow: HK Girl Fast drying top coat
- Bliss Kiss: Cuticle Oil
*Update! I just wanted to come back and state that I applied this polish Friday evening, the 10th, and as of this morning, Monday the 13th, my manicure shows no sign of wear! This polish wears unbelievably well and has a very long life on the nails. I would say that you would be able to reach for this polish if you wanted a flawless manicure all week!
Until next time,
Rebecca





No comments:
Post a Comment