I decided that I wanted a bright color on my nails. I bought this beauty from Pretty & Polished's fall collection but never really got around to wearing it. I decided to change that! For your viewing, I present, Forever My Pumpking. I believe this is an ode to Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Disclaimer: This polish was bought by me with my own money. This polish was not sent to me to review. This review is my honest and personal opinion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This polish is a orange jelly with gold flecks scattered throughout.
This polish went on like an absolute dream. The first coat, for me, is always the toughest. I take my time to try to lay down a proper base. However, each coat after that glided on smoothly and leveled beautifully on top of the first one. I did three coats to see if I could make it opaque. Even at three coats it still retains its jelly qualities and you can see your smile line through it! If you're someone who does not particularly like this quality form jelly's, I would recommend using an undie of white. Not only will it prevent your from seeing your smile line, it will also brighten and intensify the color by giving it a light base to reflect off of.
According to the Pretty & Polished website, this polish dries to a matte finish, As you can see from the photos, this polish dries to more of a waxy finish. I, personally, am not a huge fan of the waxy finish, so I added a top coat to make it shiny. I painted two nail at first so you could see the difference between the waxy and shiny finish of the nail. After I was finished taking pictures, though, I went ahead and painted a top coat on all of them!
Top coat on the ring and pinky finger
I was out and about in town today so I went ahead and took a snap shot of them in the daylight for you! So much better than the camera flash. I may have to start waiting after all to take my polish shots!
Overall, I am mad I did not wear this polish sooner! It glided on beautifully and dried fairly quickly. You better hurry though! If you have to have this polish, Pretty & Polished will be retiring it. I will update in a few days on the wear of the polish to let you know how it holds up!
Products used in this manicure
- L'oreal Paris: One stop base
- Pretty & Polished: Forever My Pumpking
- Glisten & Glow: HK Girl Fast drying top coat
**Update: This polish wore very well. I took it off tonight, 1/17, and all I had was minimal tip wear. This polish was applied 1/13.
**Update: As of January 30, 2014, Pretty&Polished is offering 15% off of her 'Say Goodbye!' polishes with the coupon code "saygoodbye".
**Update: As of January 30, 2014, Pretty&Polished is offering 15% off of her 'Say Goodbye!' polishes with the coupon code "saygoodbye".
Until next time,
Rebecca





No comments:
Post a Comment