So, today I wanted to do something a little different. I was browsing Facebook last week and one of the nail bloggers that I follow (wish I could remember which!) mentioned that one of their little-known indies was Emerald & Ash! She said that E&A's white was her go to white and she absolutely loved it. Since I have had a hard time finding a good white polish I figured I would check it out. I ended up ordering two polishes and a cuticle oil from her site. I received my package yesterday! That was a really quick turn around from when I ordered; only a few days!
First off, I was so impressed by her packaging and attention to detail. Let me show you what I mean.
Without Flash
This is the inside of the packaging. Notice their logo stamped/printed on the inside? Very nice. And those emerald worms!? Love!
Left: With Flash Right: Without Flash
This is not what it looks like right out of the box. I totally opened it up and crumpled up the wrapping before I decided that I was so impressed I would do a first impressions post! Any who, this is how the polishes came wrapped. I love how the wrapping matches the Emerald & Ash name!
Without flash
So, I have heard about see-thru business cards but I never actually received one. How awesome are they! I was totally impressed by the amount of planning and, obviously, care that went into building the packing/shipping materials and their business card. The package also came with a Nail Lacquer Use and Care card that included instructions on how to use all of the items in the box.
Speaking of, this is what I ordered!
With Flash
From left to right: Cuticle Oil in the scent Pumpkin Apple Butter; Mie Scattering, the favorite white of the blogger I saw on Facebook; and Sails Set to the Sky, a patriotic polish made to represent the U.S. Navy; and felt squares to remove the polish with!
Cuticle Oil: $4.25, 10ml; $3.25, 7ml
With Flash
As you see, this comes in two sizes. I went ahead and got the full-size; go big or go home, right? Any who, I decided to get this in one of their popular scents Pumpkin Apple Butter. This smells so amazing. Once applied and rubbed in, it has a very strong spice scent. That is the only downside to me. You can smell the Pumpkin and Apple when first applied, but rubbing it seems to release a strong spice scent. It's not bad, by any means! It is a great oil so far. And the best part? ...
With Flash
Rollerball! How cute is that!! The cuticle oil that I am currently finishing up from Bliss Kiss has a regular brush. This is so ingenious! I was totally taken away when I opened it up! Total A+ in my book!!
One of the other reasons that I decided to purchase nail oil from Emerald & Ash instead of ordering more Bliss Kiss was, besides the price point, the ingredients. The first oil listed, which is usually the oil that is the most abundant in products, is jojoba oil. If any of you have read my nail care post, Bliss Kiss boasts jojoba oil as their most abundant ingredient. I wanted to try a different brand to see how they compared!
Mie Scattering: $9.00, 15ml; $7.00, 10 ml
With Flash
This is the favorite white of the blogger that I got the recommendation from. I wish I could remember who it was but I just can't. If I ever run across her post about Emerald & Ash I will be sure to edit and put her name at the end!
This polish is described as a pure white crelly with white shimmer that is filled with micro flakes and slight touch of holo. Doesn't that sound beautiful? I sure think it does. I plan on wearing this one next. Definitely stay tuned for a mani post with it! I am thinking of getting acrylics so the post may be before or after I make my final decision. We shall see!
Sails Set to the Sky: Clearance Priced: $3.25, 11ml
With Flash
This is a glitter topper. She made one for each branch of the military. I got the one made for the U.S. Navy because my husband is a veteran of the Navy and I thought that this would be a good one to have for memories sake. I will probably top Mie Scattering with this on the accent. It sure looks pretty.
One thing I will mention is that their small size is actually 11ml, not 10ml. I ordered the small Mie Scattering polish, and the Navy one came in only the small size. So, you do get 1ml extra of product than what she is advertising!
Another great thing about her lacquers is that they are all 5-free. I know a lot of indie brands are working towards becoming 5-free so it's always nice to find one that is. I definitely suggest you go and give them a look! They are currently on vacation and won't be shipping again until July 21st. Doesn't mean you can't get your order in now!
You can visit their shop at emeraldandash.com.
Until Next Time,
Rebecca




No comments:
Post a Comment