So, I was browsing Target and found this little beauty. I had only seen commercials for it so I decided to grab it and give it a go. I didn't read the box, or reviews, so I had no idea what was in store for me. Once I got home I realized that there is a second step to this. Well, I did not get a Step 2 polish, so there's that. I decided to do a little research to see if I could use this system with my normal polishes. I came across some mixed reviews of the polish. Some liked it, some didn't, some didn't know what the heck L'oreal was thinking by putting this out there.
I came across one YouTube video by Evebelievebeauty that peaked my interest. After watching her review, I decided to do a little test of my own. I polished my left hand with the Primer and Glaze from this system, and I polished my right hand with L'oreal's One Stop Base and Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat. (Both the One Stop Base and Insta-Dri are stock photos)
So, here is the kit. It comes with Step 1 and Step 3. Step 1 is labeled a Gel Primer; Base Gel. Step 2 is labeled as a Gel-Glaze; Gel-Laque. So, that is what I am testing here today.
First off, I noticed that the Gel Primer dried to a matte finish, while the L'oreal One Stop Base dried to a pretty shiny finish. The Gel Primer also felt a little rough, matching the matte finish, while the One Stop Base felt slick, matching it's glossy finish.
I decided to use Barry M in Black and Lime Crime in Crema de Limon as my colors of choice for this manicure.
This one is using the gel-lacque system.
This one is using the One Stop Base and Insta-Dri Top.
So, I was originally going to do a 3-5 day wear test. However, at the end of day two, I thought that the results that I was seeing was enough to show how this system wears. Below are pictures of my left and right hand after two nights of having my hands extremely wet. I had a ton of big dishes to catch up on and then the next night I had to peel two bags of shrimp. Needless to say, I was not gentle with my hands during those two days.
Gel-Lacque System.
One Stop Base and Insta-Dri Top.
As you can see on the left hand I do have some tip ware. It was not that bad to tell you the truth. However, with the claims that it is a light-less gel system, I expected to not really see any wear out of it for at least a good week. However, since I was seeing wear I figured that that was enough to bust up any claims of gel-ness that this product had going for it. Upon closer inspection, I did have a little spot that was starting to chip off on my pointer finger.
On the right hand I have much more wear. Not only is there tip wear, but my pointer and thumb started to really feel the effects of the water and chipped a bit more. But other then that, it was holding up just as well as my left hand for those two days that I wore it.
However, I can safely say that this product is nothing like a gel manicure. It's not even close to being close to it. It seems to me that they added a couple extra ingredients to the primer and glaze to try to make it a longer lasting base and top, but that is essentially all the are; a base and top coat in fancy packaging. All in all, I wouldn't spend your money on it. I was super excited to try it and i was kind of disappointed when I saw the reviews. I wasn't expecting a miracle or anything, but I was kind of hoping for more.
I do want to try the Sally Hansen gel strips line. I think I will be investing in that next. I do have an at home gel manicure kit; nailsational, or something like that, but I only have the one color and I never feel like busting it out of the box because it is so much hassle. Hopefully the Sally Hansen gel strips will be a much easier process to undertake.
Until Next Time,
Rebecca








No comments:
Post a Comment