Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lucky 13 Lacquer and Cult Nails

Greetings!

Holy Moly, this has to be my favorite mani to date that I just had to jump right on and write this post for you guys. Once I get some amazing nail shots I will be hitting publish on this bad boy! It took me forever to get this uploaded, but it is finally here! I do apologize for the dry cuticles. This is what I get for taking pictures outside on the frigid weather. I'm sure you all know what I mean!

After my disappointment with 4 In The Morning by OPI, I took my polish off and gave it a rest for a day. I came home from class and was itching to put something gorgeous on. Being a lover of Firefly (Browncoats unite!), I decided to wear one of the Ballad of Serenity polishes from Lucky 13 Lacquer. The one I am wearing is called You Can't Take the Sky from me.




At first glance you see a charcoal grey base with small circle and medium hex silver glitter. Beautiful. It reminds me of the night sky. I was completely blown away when I applied it. Not only are there these silver glitters to mimic the stars, there is a gorgeous scatter of micro glitters in green, purple, pink, blue, red; just about any color. Holy moly, this makes your nails look like the 'Verse; a mini galaxy resides in this polish bottle. It is truly breathtaking how the polish was created. I am in absolute awe.



I wish I owned a better camera so you can see the true beauty of what I see!



I decided to add some brightness by accenting it with Cult Nails in Nakizzle's Shizzle. I was desperate to start adding some beautiful pastels to my collection for the upcoming spring. I haven't really been into the winter trend of vampy nails this year. I usually love me some vampy nails. However, this blue is such a gorgeous creme. It applied like butter and I am wearing one coat! The places that balded a little I just dabbed with a little polish and it leveled itself out. I was saying to myself the entire time, 'Why don't I own more of this brand?'. This is my first Cult Nails lacquer, and I am happy to exclaim that I have joined the Cult! There is no looking back now!



Both of these polishes are a dream! You Can't Take the Sky from Me thickened up a bit in shipping due to the cold weather, so I added a few drops of polish thinner to help it out. I did experience some weird shrinking when I applied my first coat. A second coat solved that problem and it hasn't shrunk since drying. I am in absolute awe and I recommend you get them both ASAP!

Until next time!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment