Monday, May 12, 2014

beautybox 5 - May 2014

Greetings!

For you today I have Mays Beauty Box 5! This is my free box and probably my only box. I am already an avid iPsy and Birchbox afficionado. I look forward to them every month. However, this box blew me away and I am seriously considering tacking it onto my current monthly subscriptions! What's one more, am I right!?

Here is what I got in this month's box! I do not know if it is the same for everyone; I do not know the inner workings of this particular box. However, when I did sign up I did a beauty quiz, so this might be like the other two!

This month's theme is fresh and focused. These products will do just that. 
It's time for a beauty boost! We know it's hard to concentrate when you can't stop daydreaming about the beach (or that cute a-line dress on sale), so this month we want to help you get back in the zone with a few pretty pick-me-ups! Need a quick rub-down? Craving a cupcake? Treat yourself - you deserve it!

I was so happy when I saw what I got in my box and I will tell you why when we get to that item! Here is what I got in my box:
  • Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
  • H2O Plus Spa Hand and Nail Cream
  • Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths
  • Harvey Prince Hello
  • CATTIVA Precisione Eye Liner
Let's get started!


Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion: Retail: $8.49 12 oz
Clinically proven to improve the health of skin in one day, this emollient moisturizer is formulated to help prevent dryness and will leave your skin feeling sexy, soft, and naturally healthy.
I have always loved Aveeno moisturizers. There is no doubt that they work well and are always very gentle, even on the most sensitive skin. However, they never have the best fragrance. This one is no different. It's not a BAD fragrance, but it does not elicit warm spring days or the like. The plus side is that the fragrance doesn't last long since it is absorbed into your skin quickly!


H2O Plus Spa Hand and Nail Cream: Retail: $15.00 6 fl oz
Even the roughest skin doesn't stand a chance! This lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer is the perfect compliment to a fabulous manicure. Prepare for compliments!
I have to admit I was pretty excited when I read what this was. I just ordered Lemony Flutter from Lush for the first time and I am so excited to try it! No matter what I do lately, my cuticles stay beyond dry. Even when I am using my super nail oil, they're dry within minutes. I went ahead and tested this, and let me tell you, HEAVEN! This glides on like silk and you only need the smallest amount to get through all of your cuticles. I used the Aveeno for my hands after and my hands feel smooth and soft. So excited for this product!


Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths: Retail: $2.97 10 Cloths
Stay calm and cool! Break out these cloths wipes after the gym, during a long day at work, or before a hot date to ensure you smell fresh and feel smith! Just unfold and give yourself a quick rub down!
This is the one that I loved when I saw it! I swear this box was reading my mind because I just told my BFF that I wanted to try these and if she made it to the store before me and spotted some to grab me some! I now have three handy ones to stuff in my essentials bag in my purse! Love!


Harvey Prince Hello: Retail: $55.00 1.7 oz
This pretty floral is the perfect way to transition from spring to summer! A smile in a bottle, each spritz boasts refreshing notes of mandarin, grapefruit, forsythia, and plumeria for a sunny and subtle signature.
This really does make me smile when I smell it. It literally smells like spring in a bottle. I would so pay $55 for a full size, it is just that amazing. It smells so crisp and fresh; it would be the perfect light scent to go along this season. I am truly excited to try these. And, as we all know, I love these fragrance testers!


CATTIVA Precisione Eye Liner: Retail: $20.00 0.012 oz
Can't live without liner? We understand! Waterproof and retractable, this pencil is a must-have for minimalists and smokey eye queens, delivering smooth, smudge-resistant lines. And it's paraben-free!
Come on, ladies. We can NEVER have too many eye liners! With all of the eye liners that I have received in beauty boxes, I think I am good forever lol. I think I will stick this little beauty in my essentials bag for my purse, though. I do not carry any makeup around with me. I think a liner and mascara are due, don't you think?


That was it! If you couldn't tell already, this makes it very compelling to keep up a subscription! I will have to mull it over and see how I feel. I do love the items, but I get so many I don't use already form iPsy and Birchbox! These box has gotten rave reviews, and it might be worth getting it! We shall see. If you see this post get moved to it's own tab, then it is happening! ;)

Until Next Time!
Rebecca







No comments:

Post a Comment