**So, same thing happened here after I realized that what I had planned out in my head wasn't at all realistic. So, this entire post has changed, essentially. I will do the same in this Part as I did in Part 1. If you didn't read Part 1, keep scrolling ;-).
I didn't have much that I wanted to do so I decided to go ahead and gather up what I plan on taking with me for my nail care. Now, I thought about this long and hard. I just recently purchased the new Baked from Orly mini collection so that would have been a wise choice. That, and I had the mini OPI sands in their spring/summer colors. Another choice that would be favorable. However, last year I was always changing my nail color. I felt like I was changing it daily. And, it was always a lengthy process between waiting for the dry time and clean up. It was a while. Especially when stuff wouldn't dry fast enough.
From left to right:
Fuse | Gelnamel starter kit with the color Sonic Blue-mFuse | Gelnamel in Intens-so-flyFuse | Gelnamel in Lights, Camera, Re-action!Fuse | Gelnamel in Elec-tric or TreatSally Hansen | Instant Gel Strips in Walk the CatwalkSally Hansen | Instant Gel Strips in Spot OnKiss | Nail Dress in Eyelet
From left to right:
- OPI | Natural Nail Base Coat
- Seche Vite | Fast Drying Top Coat
- KB Shimmer | Don't Pink Twice
- Julie G | Bikini
- 365 Days of Color | After All This Time?
- 365 Days of Color | Glow Old With Me
So, I basically re-wrote this entire nail post. I decided that while the concept of gel was favorable, I realized that I haven't had many issues with my nail polish staying on for a long time the regular way. Especially when I use Indie polish brands. I feel like they have a better formula than main stream and always tend to last longer for myself (That's just my personal opinion. I have no proof that they do last longer).
Anyways, I decided to just take a couple of colors that I could switch around. I am wearing the KB Shimmer right now and I love it. It is such a beautiful color. I will make a post about that polish so you guys can see it in all it's beauty. It is a sale item that is being discontinued so if you want it I would go check now because it might be gone.
I also got a couple of 365 Days of Color mini's because she's closing down the polish half of her shop for now due to upcoming school. The two mini's I got are supposed to glow in the dark. That is always fun to have when you stay out late and don't come back until it's dark. :)
Anyways, I decided to just go ahead and stick with my tried and true. While the gel will last a while, my normal way is lasting just as long as well. And, it will be much easier to remove normal polish than it would be to remove gel. The time it would take, alone, to remove the gel could dissuade me from even wanting to start that whole endeavor if I am exhausted after a long day. At least this way I can take 20-30 minutes to sit down and immediately see results as I remove my polish and begin again. And the Seche Vite works so well to really seal in the polish that in 10 minutes I could go to sleep after doing a manicure with Seche Vite as my top coat.
*intermission*
Negative, I did not do a review on it. I had pictures and everything. Hmm, maybe i'll do one on vacation! Anywho, I was impressed with this system. My polish did last at least five days without any chipping. I know some people had issues with that. However, I followed the directions to a T and I really had no issues. I believe I lightly buffed my nails as well before applying to help the color apply longer. I digress, I decided that I would go ahead and do this. I would rather sit down once, MAYBE twice, to do a full polish change than sit down every other day because it chipped like all get out from a hectic day.
I do have a lot of color choices and some choices that are not part of the gelnamel system. The Sally Hansen Gel Strips require an LED light to cure. The fuse system just happens to be an LED light. I have tested this in the past, and you can use the fuse light with the Sally strips. Saves some money on having to purchase the entire Sally kit. If you feel like one cycle of the light didn't cure it enough, just push the button and do another cycle. I'd rather be safe than sorry on a gel manicure.
As well, I have the Nail Dress strips. I LOVE the pattern. If I do these (which I more than likely will) each Sally strip box comes with a topcoat for sealing the Sally strips. I'll simply use the Sally top coat with the Kiss strips to seal them in. Clever, huh.
On to Nail Care!
From Left to Right:
- Trim | Finger Nail Clippers
- Lush | Lemony Flutter
- Sally Hansen | Instant Cuticle Remover
- Trim | Toe Nail Clippers
- Buffer block
- 180 grit file
- 240/400 grit file
- Cuticle nippers
Gel polish scraper- Cuticle pusher
- Cuticle pusher
So, I have a few little do-dad's here to go with me. The toe nail clippers are for my husband (ha). I will be doing a fresh pedicure for myself on Saturday so that way I won't have to worry about it for the next two weeks. Some lotion and i'll be good to go for the day :-).
The buffer block is mainly to lightly buff before I apply polish. the gelnamel. As such, all of this stuff is mainly to prep my nails. to apply the gel polish. You have to be careful that there are no cuticles on the nail bed or the polish won't apply and adhere properly.
Not pictured: Aluminum foil, Cotton Squares, Nail polish remover. The essentials to removing an old gel manicure in order to apply a new one. I just didn't have a mini nail polish remover bottle yet to put in the picture so I would just give these guys an honorable mention here!
That's it! That's what I plan on taking! I will definitely have to wait a couple days to do my final post on my body/hair care items that I plan on packing up to take with me. Stay tuned!
Until Next Time,
Rebecca

No comments:
Post a Comment